Drink of the Ancients
“Zobo” is a wildly popular health drink, derived from the petals of the Hibiscus flower.
Zobo has been traditionally consumed for centuries by warriors and chiefs and lovingly served to growing children, by mothers and caretakers.
In places like West & North Africa, South America, Caribbean Islands, Asia and Down Under the wonder-drink has gone by different names such as Bissap, Sorrell, karkadé, Chai Kujarat, Chai Torsh& 洛神花 - But had the same powerful effect on the health and abilities of all who partake in its ruby red goodness.
Going by different names in different parts of the world, it is in the nation of Nigeria that the name “Zoborodo”, or “ZOBO” took hold.
Zobo is made from all natural extracts of the Hibiscus Sabdariffa plant. Extracts of Hibiscus Sabdariffa has been clinically tested and the results of these test have been published by many highly respected members of the Medical Research Community. Some of the health benefits that may be attributed to Hibiscus Sabdariffa include:
- Soothes colds and provides similar cold relief obtained by consuming antioxidant drinks
- Acts as a general tonic
- Promotes proper kidney function
- Helps digestion
- Acts as a diuretic
- Improvement in Overall Urinary Tract Health
- Improvement in Overall Cardiovascular Health
For more health benefits information please visit the links below:
- Hibiscus Tea Lowers BP in Clinical Trials
- Hibiscus May Reduce Cholesterol
- Hibiscus Tea to Lower Your Blood Pressure
- Healing Hibiscus Benefit for the Heart
- Hibiscus Extract, Potential Protector of the Heart
- Hibiscus Extract Could Project Heart, Suggests Lab Study
- High Blood Pressure, Vitamins that maybe helpful
- Beat BP with Tea
- Burgundy Expands Science Behind Hibiscus Extract for UTIs
- Scientists look to hibiscus as ingredient source
- Food Value of Roselle, Hibiscus Sabdariffa